State & Municipal Taxes
Arrow Down
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  » 
  5. Tax Law
  6.  » State & Municipal Taxes

State & Municipal Taxes

San Juan Municipal Tax Lawyer – Puerto Rico State Tax Attorney

Puerto Rico has a unique tax system which is difficult for most of our clients to effectively navigate. In response to the need for effective counsel in the very specific and particular forms of taxation found in Puerto Rico, our firm has created the State and Municipal Taxes Practice Group.

The members of the State and Municipal Taxes Practice Group actively counsel clients on the intricacies of Puerto Rico’s local taxes, both at a “state” (Commonwealth) and municipal level. Our attorneys have extensive knowledge in the area of local excise taxes, construction taxes, gross receipts taxes and municipal license tax (commonly referred to as the “Patente”), and state and local sales and use tax. Proactive tax planning constitutes a major part of the work done for clients in this area, such as among other things, keeping them up to date on the latest developments in Puerto Rico taxation.

This group also has years of experience representing clients before administrative and judicial forums in Puerto Rico. Our attorneys have obtained important decisions for our clients through the execution of closing agreements with local governmental authorities, as well as by decisions at all levels of the Puerto Rico Judiciary System.

Members of the State and Municipal Taxes Practice Group:

Roberto Montalvo-CarbiaRebecca Cuevas-Fontán

Members of the group may collaborate with members of other practices at our firm to provide comprehensive solutions for individual clients.

Members of the firm appear on behalf of clients before federal and Puerto Rico courts, government agencies, and in domestic and foreign transactions. GAC’s offices are in the American International Plaza Building in the heart of Hato Rey, San Juan, Puerto Rico’s financial district. If you would like to speak with a member of the firm or have any other question, please contact the firm to arrange a consultation with an attorney with the appropriate experience.