RFP – Puerto Rico Planning Board -Project Management Services for Code Enforcement Grant
On January 20, 2019, the Puerto Rico Planning Board (PRPB) issued a Request for Proposals (RFP) for Project Management Services for Code Enforcement Grant (2019-0001-RFP-01). The PRPB is requesting proposals from project management firms to provide comprehensive services in managing development, implementation and administration (“Project Management Services”) for the Federal Post Disaster Code Enforcement Grant under the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program of the Federal Emergency Management Administration (the “Project”). The federal grant would allow the PRPB to create a program to reduce the rate of informal construction. The Project is intended to meet the following objectives:
- enhance and support the existing system of the Audits and Complaints Bureau of PRPB for the inspection of permits;
- build the capacity of personnel engaged in the enforcement of applicable laws, regulations and codes and to support enforcement personnel of PRPB, the Office of Permits Management, and certain municipalities;
- investigate and audit complaints and develop processes to ensure that compliance is achieved in all cases;
- increase the PRPB’s capacity to enforce compliance with applicable laws, regulations and codes for all construction types;
- enhance and strengthen the decision-making process;
- increase data-sharing among government of Puerto Rico entities;
- substantially increase the number of technical experts to assist with compliance and enforcement; and
- establish a methodology to measure the impacts of the Project.
According to the RFP, the proposed schedule includes the following events:
|January 28, 2019||Deadline for submitting questions and requests for clarifications.|
|February 8, 2019||Last day for publishing addenda on the PRPG’s website.|
|February 12, 2019||Proposal submission deadline (1200 AST).|
|February 19, 2019||Selection of competitive range of proponents.|
|February 22, 2019||Finalist interviews (if applicable).|
|February 28, 2019||Selection|
Goldman Antonetti & Cordóva, LLC stands ready to assist as you and your business adjust to Puerto Rico’s regulatory and legal changes. If you need further assistance in this area, please contact the following members of our firm:
Alicia Lamboy Mombille, Esq.
Gretchen Méndez, Esq.
Although the information included in this document may concern legal issues, it is not a legal opinion or professional advice and clients shall not use it as such. We assume no responsibility or liability of any kind for any information contained herein, and we expressly disclaim all liability for any claim for damages arising from the use, reference to, or reliance on, such information. If legal or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
Goldman Antonetti & Cordóva, LLC | 787-759-8000 | www.gaclaw.com