FMLA Certification Forms and Notices
The U.S. Department of Labor recently announced that its Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) certification forms and notices are valid for three more years. There are no substantive changes to the forms which will now be effective until August 31, 2021.
All relevant FMLA forms can be found at the DOL Site or following the individual links below
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- Certification of Serious Injury or Illness of a Current Service Member
- Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave
- Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- Designation Notice
- Certification of Qualifying Exigency for Military Leave
Employers should use the correct forms, avoiding language that may harm or mislead employees, and timely issue proper notifications.
Goldman Antonetti & Cordóva, LLC stands ready to assist as you and your business adjust to Puerto Rico’s regulatory and legal changes. If you need further assistance in this area, please contact the following members of our firm:
Angel Berberena Esq.
Luis Antonetti, Esq.
Vicente Antonetti, Esq.
Romel Meléndez, Esq.
Luis Ortiz Abreu, Esq.
Howard Pravda, Esq.
Gabriel Quintero, Esq.
Francisco Ramirez, Esq.
Jorge Rodriguez Micheo, Esq.
Javier Vazquez, Esq.
Although the information included in this document may concern legal issues, it is not a legal opinion or professional advice and clients shall not use it as such. We assume no responsibility or liability of any kind for any information contained herein, and we expressly disclaim all liability for any claim for damages arising from the use, reference to, or reliance on, such information. If legal or other expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.