- Capital Member
Rossell Barrios is a Capital Member of the Firm and a member of the Litigation and Trial Practice Department. Mr. Barrios handles distribution/franchise, commercial law, intellectual property, antitrust, complex/class action litigation and arbitration, government procurement, environmental, torts, tax, medical malpractice and product liability litigation, dedicating a very substantial portion of his time to franchising and distribution (Law 75) litigation, arbitration and counseling.
- Puerto Rico, 1982
- District of Columbia, 1989
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit, 1983
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Puerto Rico Law School, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- J.D. - 1982
- Honors: magna cum laude
- University of Puerto Rico, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- B.A. - 1978
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Political Science
- Effect of Arbitration and Choice of Law Clauses on Act 75, Franchise Law Journal, Volume 16, No 1, 1996
- State Franchise Relationship Laws on Termination: Issues in Litigation, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, 2001
- Getting the Deal Through: Franchise, International Bar Association, 2007
- Getting the Deal Through: Franchise, International Bar Association, 2008
- Legal Issues Arising from Dealer and Distributor Relationships, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, October, 2008
- Global Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, October, 2015
- Villa Marina v. Hatteras Yachts, 947 F. 2d 529, 1991, U.S. First Circuit
- Simonet v. SmithKline Beecham, 506 F. Supp 2d 77, 2007, U.S. District Court
- APX Alarm Sec. Solutions, Inv. v. Renaissance Marketing, Inc., 2009 U.S. District Court Lexis 92140, 2009, D.C.P.R.
- BMJ Foods P.R., Inc. v. Metromedia Steak Houses Co. L.P., 512 F.Supp 2d 229, 2009, D.C.P.R.
- Freiria v. Mitchell, 118 F. Supp 2d 155, 2000, D.C.P.R.
- Estate of Cruz v. Galaxy Nutritional Foods, Inc., 2006 U.S. District Court Lexis 91800, 2006, D.C.P.R.
- Audio Visual Concepts, Inc. v. Smart Techs., 2011 U.S. District Court Lexis 104304, 2011, D.C.P.R.
- BMJ Foods Puerto Rico, Inc. v. Metromedia Steakhouses Company, L.P. and Puerto Rico Ponderosa, Inc., 562 F. Supp. 2d 229, 2008, D.C.P.R.
- Caribbean Restaurants, LLC v. Burger King Corporation, 2014 U.S. District Court Lexis 76352, 2014, D.C.P.R.
- Pierluissi v. Coopervision Pharmaceuticals, Inc., 694 F. Supp. 1038 , 1988, D.C.P.R.
- Perfumania, Inc. v. Perfulandia, Inc., 279 F. Supp. 2d 86, 2003, D.C.P.R.
- Basic Controlex Corp. v. Klockner Moeller Corp., 202 F.3d 450, 2000, U.S. First Circuit
- State Franchise Relationship Laws, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, 2001 to 2001
- Legal Issues Arising from Dealer and Distributor Relationships, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, 2008 to 2008
- International Dispute Resolution, American Bar Association Forum on Franchising, 2015 to 2015
Honors and Awards
- Highest Grade Point Average in Law School Class
- Puerto Rico Bar Association Award for Most Distinguished Law School Student
- Who's Who Legal Franchise, 2014, 2015, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Puerto Rico Bar Association, 1982
- American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising, 1996
- Member, Steering Committee of the International Division of American Bar Association, Forum on Franchising, 2015
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Section
- American Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation
- American Arbitration Association (AAA), Arbitrator (active status)