Bankruptcy & Creditors' Rights
San Juan Bankruptcy Lawyers
Goldman's Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Practice Group is part of the litigation and trial practice department, and draws expertise from other firm departments as well, such as corporate and banking. The bankruptcy and creditors' rights group has been involved in a wide range of matters including representation of secured creditors, unsecured creditors, purchasers of property, stockholders, banks, and substantial corporate clients in prominent bankruptcy cases; and major secured and unsecured creditors in out-of-court workouts, foreclosures and liquidations.
Our attorneys frequently appear before the U.S. Bankruptcy Courts on behalf of secured and unsecured creditors, dealing with cash collateral and valuation issues, post-petition financing, motions for relief from stay, asset sales, confirmation and plan issues, preference and fraudulent conveyance litigation, motions to dismiss or convert bankruptcy cases; lien avoidance, adversary proceedings, proof of claim litigation; discharge and many other matters.
Our workouts and restructuring practice serves the needs of secured and unsecured creditors, investors and purchasers. Drawing on the combined experience of lawyers in our finance, bankruptcy and business law practices, our attorneys are regularly involved in national and regional workouts and restructurings and have extensive experience in handling:
- Out-of-court workouts and forbearance arrangements across all business sectors
- Workouts and restructures of real estate matters involving office buildings, shopping centers, hotels, apartment complexes, and other special uses
- Workouts and restructures involving nonperforming and underperforming structured financings and securitizations of commercial mortgage loans, trade receivables, automobile loans, home equity loans, and numerous other financial assets
- Loan documentation and collateral review and enhancements
- State and federal court litigation, including replevin actions and foreclosures
- Distressed debt sales and acquisitions
- Workouts, restructures, and litigation of adversary proceedings related to franchise and distribution agreements
The Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Practice Group brings to bear the full scope of the firm's many legal resources to successfully achieve our clients goals. We are also able to draw upon the experience of other firm attorneys who concentrate in areas such as litigation, intellectual property, healthcare, technology, tax, securities, labor and environmental law.
Members of the Bankruptcy and Creditors' Rights Practice Group:
Members of the group may collaborate with members of other practices at our firm to provide comprehensive solutions to individual clients.
Members of the firm appear on behalf of clients before federal and Puerto Rico courts, government agencies, and in domestic and foreign transactions. GAC's offices are in the American International Plaza Building in the heart of Hato Rey, San Juan, Puerto Rico's financial district. If you would like to speak with a member of the firm or have any other question, please contact the firm to arrange a consultation with an attorney with the appropriate experience.