(787) 759-8000 (Ext. 2229)
Thelma Rivera is a Capital Member of the Firm and is the current chairperson of the Corporate and Banking Law Department.
Ms. Rivera concentrates her practice in the areas of commercial transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, asset securitization, commercial lending transactions, infrastructure projects, including public-private partnerships, and real estate law. She also has extensive experience in contract work, municipal bond issues and corporate governance.
Her work has led her to deal with transactions involving shopping centers, hotels and related tourism facilities, public utilities and infrastructure, pharmaceutical companies, manufacturing facilities, residential and commercial construction projects, and sales and distribution companies, among others.
Ms. Rivera is member of the Board of Directors of Interlaw, an international legal network of independent full service corporate law firms with a distinguished reputation for adherence to the highest international standards of ethics, client service and professionalism.
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. District Court District of Puerto Rico
- U.S. Court of Appeals 1st Circuit
- University of Puerto Rico Law School, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- J.D. - 1983
- University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1980
Honors and Awards
- Highest Score on Bar Examination, May 1983
- 3rd Year Law School Class, Highest Honor Achievement, 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico
- American Bar Association, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law, and Business Law Sections, Member
- Asociación de Notarios de Puerto Rico
- Phi Delta Phi