Francisco J. Dox-Millán
Francisco J. Dox-Millán
787-759-8000 (Ext. 2268)
Francisco J. Dox-Millán initially joined the firm’s Corporate & Banking Law Department as an associate in 2010. Mr. Dox graduated magna cum laude from the University of Puerto Rico’s College of Natural Sciences before attending the University of Puerto Rico Law School, where he served as Lead Editor for the University of Puerto Rico Law Review and Co-Founder of the University of Puerto Rico Business Law Journal.
In 2013, Mr. Dox joined the Administration of the Governor of the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Alejandro J. García-Padilla, as Deputy Advisor to the Governor on Federal Affairs. In this role, Mr. Dox worked as a liaison between the Federal Government, local agencies, and the Governor's Office. Mr. Dox engaged federal agencies on behalf of the Commonwealth regarding a wide array of public policy matters, including the U.S. Departments of Health, Agriculture, Commerce, and Treasury, as well as federal dependencies such as the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. Mr. Dox was also part of the team that worked towards the realization of federal legislation that would allow the Commonwealth a pathway to restructure its public debt, which resulted in the Puerto Rico Oversight, Management and Economic Stability Act (more commonly referred to as "PROMESA").
Mr. Dox returned to the firm in September 2016 as a Limited Member, where he will focus his practice mainly on Corporate Law; Mergers & Acquisitions; Government Affairs (federal and local), including PROMESA matters; Intellectual Property Law; and Health Law.
Areas of Practice
- Corporate & Banking Law
- Puerto Rico, 2011
- University of Puerto Rico Law School, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- J.D. cum laude - 2010
- Law Journal: Revista Jurídica- Universidad de Puerto Rico; UPR Business Law Journal, 2008 - 2010
- University of Puerto Rico
- B.S. magna cum laude - 2007
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: General Sciences
- Financial Insecurity: A Redux in the Wake of the 2007-2009 Financial Crisis, 79 Rev. Jur. U.P.R. 167, 1, 2010
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Colegio de Abogados de Puerto Rico, 2010 - 2013
- American Bar Association, 2010 - 2013
Past Employment Positions
- Commonwealth of Puerto Rico-Office of the Governor, Deputy Advisor on Federal Affairs, 2013 - 2016